Granite dome line drawing logo The Sentient Sandbox
Home | Climbing | Skiing | Utah | Usability | Weblog

Receive notification when this page is updated
It's private by ChangeDetection
Open links in new windows

October 09, 2003

This Just Leaves Me Speechless
From an AP news item about GWB and how he gets his news:

Bush insisted he was "not paying attention" to the Democratic race. He said he knew who the candidates are, but had not watched a Democratic debate.
Likewise, Bush's response to the Democrats' specific criticisms about his handling of the war in Iraq and the economy. "I repeat, I'm not really paying attention to it," he said.
Bush said he insulates himself from the "opinions" that seep into news coverage by getting his news from his own aides. He said he scans headlines, but rarely reads news stories.
"I appreciate people's opinions, but I'm more interested in news," the president said. "And the best way to get the news is from objective sources, and the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world."

Where on Earth would we be able to find anyone with less perspective and curiosity about the world?

No comments: