Granite dome line drawing logo The Sentient Sandbox
Home | Climbing | Skiing | Utah | Usability | Weblog

Receive notification when this page is updated
It's private by ChangeDetection
Open links in new windows

June 20, 2002

Some Airports....
I hate short field landings.
I hate short field landings.
I hate short field landings.
I hate short field landings.
I hate short field landings.
I hate short field landings.

John Wayne International Airport in Santa Ana, California. A nice alternative if your destination is somewhere in the southeastern end of the LA basin. They don't bring in large jets, but they handle the workhorse MD-90s, B737 series, and the like. Thing is, they only have one runway that can handle commercial jets. It's a "huge" 5600' long. I swear the pilot was on the brakes and the thrust reversers before the nose gear touched. I hate short field landings.

No comments: